Kindergarten News: February 29, 2016
This week we will be learning about the observable traits of a mammal. The children have lots of background knowledge about mammals, it is fun to hear them notice, and wonder about the world around them. On Wednesday is our next Family Night, from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. It will be an author theme night for Eric Carle. Please plan on attending it will be a fun event.
Mar. 2 Family night
Are you reading for Silverwood?
Silverwood forms are due March 11th
I can decompose teen numbers into a group of 10 plus extra ones.
Remember to keep reading your book bags. Return them every Monday for a new book.
Using creative play to tell a story.
NEW! Learning Targets:
I can tell the four things a mammal needs to live.
Literacy Learning Targets:
- I can tell my teacher what the main idea is (who and what) when listening to an informational text.
- I can edit for capitals, finger spaces, end marks and correct spelling of the sight words.
I can write two sentences with one main ideas, making sure the who and the what match.
Math: Unit 4 Learning Targets:
4a I can count and compare objects in a group.
4b I can add and subtract with in 10.
4c. I can decompose teen numbers in to a group of 10 plus extra ones.
4d. I can name and identify 3d shapes.
Reading Skills: Unit 6 Learning Targets:
- I can tell the beginning, middle and ending sounds of words.
- I can make the sounds of consonants.
- I can match the long and short vowel sounds when writing and reading words.
- I can print uppercase and lowercase letters.
- I can use position words.
- I can write a letter to match a sound.
- I can recognize and produce rhyming words.