• Choice Transfer

    A student's school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. In some circumstances, a family may ask to transfer their student to a school outside of their resident district. This is called a nonresident student transfer. You may also hear it referred to as an out-of-district transfer, interdistrict transfer, choice transfer, variance, waiver, or school choice.
    • Nonresident students are those who live outside the school district boundaries of the district they are asking to attend.


    • Whether the student transfer request is accepted or denied is determined by the school districts. The process a school district uses to determine transfer requests is established in their policies and procedures.


    • Both the student's resident district and the nonresident district must approve a transfer prior to the student attending a nonresident district. The resident district “releases” the student, and the nonresident district “admits” the student.


    If you would like to Choice into Kettle Falls, please contact your resident district to start the process. 


    If you residen in the Kettle Falls School District and would like to attend another school, please stop by our District Office to pick up a form, or you can complete the request online at:  


    Choice Transfer Request