EL Education is a national network of schools. We partner with school districts and charter boards to open new schools and transform existing schools at all levels, pre-K-12, and in all settings – urban, rural, and suburban. Since our start in 1992, we have grown from a small group of ten schools into a network of 165 schools, reaching over 45,000 students and 4,000 educators.
EL Education is a framework for engaged teaching and learning. We invest in the growth of both new and veteran teachers, helping them transform their classrooms into rigorous and stimulating learning environments. Our model challenges students to think critically and take active roles in their classrooms and communities; this results in higher achievement and greater engagement with school. EL schools are characterized by:
- Active instructional practices that build academic skills and student motivation
- Rigorous projects that meet state standards and are connected to real-world needs
- School cultures of kindness, respect, and responsibility for learning
- Shared leadership for school improvement
- School-wide commitment to improved teaching and leadership practice
EL Education is a partner for whole school improvement. We offer our schools a comprehensive suite of professional development, coaching, and on-line tools to improve curriculum design, instruction, school culture, leadership, and assessment practices. Our content-rich institutes and school-based coaching support schools to be engaging environments where kids love to learn and teachers love to teach.